Download the unit lesson plan, worksheet templates and sample data in Word or PDF
Download the slides as PowerPoint or PDF
Back to main ‘Dear Data’ resource
Lesson 6 Learning Intentions
- I will learn how to create a visualisation from my data
- Created my own visualisation about my own data
- Pen/pencil & paper
- Completed Data Collection worksheet (lesson 2)
- Completed Tally Chart worksheet (lesson 3)
- A key for the planned visualisation(lesson 4)
- Completed visualisation (lesson 5)
- Blank evaluation sheet
The slides take learners through a peer evaluation activity where they ask questions of each other’s data and visualisation.
In this lesson students will test another student’s key to make sure that they create a data box that looks the same as in the homework.
Then students will look to see if they can find an interesting cluster, grouping, or spread of data in their visualisation. Is there and interesting answer to the question that they created in lesson 2.