Delivering data education does not always have to include data collection. There is a wide range of useful datasets that can support data education in schools.
This resource contains a list of freely available, high quality datasets that can be used in the classroom. Using an existing dataset can offer more flexibility and allow learners to focus on other steps in the PPDAC cycle (Problem Plan Data Analysis Conclusion). In particular it can provide more opportunities for analysis and allow more nuanced conclusions to be drawn.
- Gapminder: A collection of international datasets on health, education, poverty and other social issues
- Official Scottish Government statistics datasets
- Official UK Government Statistics datasets
- Data about Edinburgh
- Data about East Lothian
- Data about West Lothian
- Data about the Scottish Borders
- Data about Fife
- High-quality data visualisations which present facts about many aspects of society in a compelling way
If you find any other useful datasets for data education in schools please email us and let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org