Teach Data Literacy: a guide for primary teachers
'Teach Data Literacy: a guide for primary teachers' is a resource developed by the Data Education in Schools team to support teachers to enhance opportunities for all to build the skills and habits of mind relevant to data problem-solving.
- Curriculum Level: Early (Pre 5 & P1) First (P2-P4) Second (P5-P7)
- Curricular area: Expressive arts Health and wellbeing Languages Maths & Numeracy Religious and moral education Sciences Social Studies Technologies
- Topics and Themes: Activity, Diet, Rest and Sleep Biodiversity and Interdependence Data Analysis Data visualisation Diet Digital Literacy Finding & Using Information Past Events and Societies People in society, economy and business Processing and Managing Information Responsibly
- PPDAC Framework: Analysis Conclusion Data Plan Problem
Spooky Data – Learning about Databases
This resource uses the Scottish witch trials as the context to develop learners’ data literacy skills and to introduce the idea of a database.
- Curriculum Level: Third (S1-S3)
- Curricular area: Social Studies Technologies
- Topics and Themes: Past Events and Societies Processing and Managing Information Responsibly
- PPDAC Framework: Analysis Data